Friday, October 2, 2015

Painfully Honest

                Have you ever dared to argue with God? Has He ever had to tell you to watch your mouth because you nearly cursed Him out? Have you ever noticed that it´s those very types of fights with your spouse where you finally seem to figure each other out?
                Those days that I screamed ´til my lungs couldn´t breathe are the very dark days that brought me most healing – that one good pressurized shout of mutiny when I finally let my heart out. And even though I know that most of what I said was probably wrong what I´m trying to get at is that I was finally honest.
                Have you ever told God the truth? That you don´t really believe all that He says about you. That in the back of your mind you´ve always wanted sin, and at the bottom of your heart you really do blame Him. That you even felt alone in the midst of His presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment