Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Mile in My Own Shoes

I want to be the me I needed –
The person for whom my younger self begged and pleaded.
Someone who was willing to see that my soul had a dying need even though I´d never dare speak  it.

When I was young I wanted to be seen, I wanted to be heard, and I wanted to bleed.
I didn´t want to hide my pain but every day I felt slain by the fear that kept me back.
No one ever seemed to be aware of how easily I fell off track or how my insides screamed for just a little bit of slack.

Now I´m on the other side, and I don´t want to be the one who fails to see when someone is about to derail in the same way that I once did.
Many times I can see what many think they´ve hid.
Someone has to tell them that it doesn´t matter what they did.
I so desperately want them to know that God´s love is not some trick.


Maybe it´s time to show the things that I for so long hid – maybe it´s time that I myself do what I wish someone else did.

No comments:

Post a Comment