Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Misfit Equality

                Has anyone ever tried to tell you who you are? Tell you what to believe and what to see in the stars? Everyone knows what I once was, but that doesn´t mean what they think it does.
                Looking into my past will never show you my present even though it may explain some things that my words haven´t.
                I never wanted to be “out and proud;” I never could fit in with that crowd. Now I´m not saying that we all should hide, but the thought doesn´t sit well with me to be proud of pride.
                For the longest time I hid who I was inside fearing that if I didn´t I would take a side that´s unappealing to you. Yet I´ve found myself in an intriguing position – a position that appeals to neither of the battling groups. I´m a person that understands what it´s like in both sets of shoes.
                I side with a nearly nonexistent group, and because of that I think that you can learn from me too because even though we don´t agree I still respect and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment